Sunday, January 5, 2014

meta

It's 10:20 at night [1/5/2014], and for the first time in many, many years, I felt obligated to write a poem. So, I did. My high school creative writing teacher, Dan Holt, taught me that a poem is not a poem until it is shared with others. I was resistant to that idea then but since understand profoundly. Because of that advice, rather than save electronic files away in the hopes that my children or grandchildren stumble upon them in my personal effects, I am starting this blog. As I have titled the first poem, "Reanimation," I see the blog as a restarting, a rebirth. However, I will occasionally, perhaps, post poems from my youth so that I prove that first post wrong, that I may reanimate some of my dead ends--as they might have been.

bk

No comments:

Post a Comment